Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Addictions

"Consistency of your commitment trumps intensity of your commitment."


As most of us prefer both, we all know it doesn't always happen both ways. Lately, being 25 years old and grown now, it's about time to get it right. For those who know me, my vices aren't exactly healthy, and God knows we ain't gettin' any younger. A new HEALTHY addiction has emerged.

After high school graduation, I wasn't on a basketball varsity team, a gymnastics team, or consistently playing every single intamural sport. Went to college, joined cardio-kick classes, joined the gym, and stuck to a few intramural sports here and there along with the P90X workouts. Then I graduated again, put it aside to study for the NCLEX, minor sacrifice, right? Being a nurse, I must have really blocked out the health section about how your muscles atrophy and metabolism decreases with age. And I also ignored the fact that increasing my endorphins through exercise would have made studying probably that much easier, efficient, and productive.


So, as painful as it is physically and financially, I joined a gym, with a trainer...who manages to be so awfully nice and still kick my ass every workout.
Right now, my body is at war with itself, and I'm loving every single burn and pain in my body because at least I know it's progress. And, for once, it's the good kinda pain.






For anyone interested, I love this gym. Phenomenalfitness.com






"

No comments:

Post a Comment