Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Risks We Take

A friend once told me that, though risks may be scary, sometimes they pay off in the end. I get that, I couldn't say that I didn't agree with him. But what happens when the journey to the payoff becomes unforgiving? Your faith shook to its core and new fears transpire along the way? The feelings felt and the hurtful words spoken in trying moments which ended in regret can sometimes make me feel cowardly, and all the efforts put into fulfilling that expectation can almost seem worthless once it makes me feel like less of a person.

And then there's the "bad" end of the spectrum. What happens after the risk wasn't worth the fight? Keep on keepin' on, yeah I've heard that, done that, it feels great. I get that once you're burned, at the end of the day, it's a lesson learned. Now, I've done well in school, and enoyed learning some, but I'm so not a fan of getting schooled in whatever life has to teach me. I'd rather just learn from someone else's mistakes. Trust me, I may have learned my lesson, but usually I get stuck with vices and developing bad habits to pass the time of the frustration of failure. And the good habits, well, it just doesn't feel nearly as good and rewarding.

Sometimes, you just can't win. My motto: Think Simply, Live Simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment